Recent changes to the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) will require mandatory safety checks and carbon monoxide testing in residential rental properties on a regular basis. For example, gas heaters, stove tops and hot water services among others will require regular maintenance by law.
If gas heaters and appliances go untested, deadly carbon monoxide leaks can cause significant harm to residents without warning, and in some cases, death.
To protect both the tenant and the property, the REIV has partnered with Smarthouse as their preferred supplier to help landlords meet safety requirements.
Why Smarthouse is Victoria’s most trusted Gas Appliance Safety and Carbon Monoxide Testing Service:
- 100% Safety Guarantee – Smarthouse is known for outstanding commitment to compliance and reliability. Our team consists of licensed gas plumbers who are fully trained in carbon monoxide testing and gas appliance maintenance, with an extensive report provided at the conclusion of each service. We are the REIV’s preferred supplier for good reason.
- A larger team means all of Victoria is covered – our team of professional Plumbers service hundreds of residences everyday meaning you don’t have to wait in line.
- State of the art safety equipment – We ensure 100% of Smarthouse plumbers are equipped with the latest technology and equipment available. We only accept the best.
- With over 80 years of combined property management experience, we understand that speed of delivery, efficiency and minimal impact on your time are all key factors in delivering a good service. Easy bookings, progress reports, simple invoicing (once a service is complete) and end-to-end management.
- Flexible appointments – A commitment to minimal impact on tenants by offering multiple times for convenience. Online bookings, live chat, pre-arrival phone calls and reminder texts keep your tenants informed.
- Quality Control – To ensure the best service quality in the industry, all of our staff are employees and not contractors. They are provided with extensive industry leading training updated regularly and are assessed on a continual basis.